Golden Corrugated Box (GCB) is Now Certified for CePSWaM
We are pleased to announce that Golden Corrugated Box (GCB) is now certified for CePSWaM. As a leading manufacturer of carton and corrugated box packaging, our vision is based on principles of sustainability, which leads our company to strengthen its strategy to integrate sustainability into our value chain in the long term.
What exactly is the CePSWaM?
The certificate of environmental professional in scheduled waste management is abbreviated to CePSWaM.
There is no denying that scheduled wastes are very dangerous and poisonous. According to the Environmental Quality Act, “scheduled wastes” are defined as hazardous wastes that result from industrial activities. They have the potential to pollute the environment if they are emitted or deposited into it directly.
Under the Environmental Quality (Scheduled Wastes) Regulations 2005, the term “Scheduled Wastes” (SW) refers to any waste that has been prescribed by the Minister that fits under the types of waste stated in the First Schedule.
Poor management of such wastes will lead to major degradation of the environment and the ecosystem, in addition to having immediate and long-term effects on human health.
In order to effectively manage scheduled wastes, one must have an in-depth knowledge of the legislative framework, the qualities of waste, the ideas of waste management, and generally acknowledged good management practices.
This important training program, which places an emphasis on practical application, is indeed the only one of its kind offered in Malaysia. Participants will be able to acquire a Certificate of Competency once they have successfully completed the course, passed the exam, and turned in a field training report.
In this regard, GCB is certified for CePSWaM to adopt all the right methods for handling and disposing of scheduled wastes. Our employees have the right skills to ensure the scheduled waste produced as a result of our manufacturing process is handled properly in line with the laws and regulations.
Why is CePSWaM important?
The participants, upon successful completion of this course, will be able to do the following:
- Possess knowledge of the legal obligations pertaining to the handling of scheduled garbage.
- Determine, classify, and organize the scheduled waste.
- Establish and maintain efficient, scheduled waste management practices.
- Develop a strategy for carrying out the provisions of the Environmental Quality (Scheduled Wastes) Regulations 2005ev in a manner that ensures complete compliance with all applicable regulatory obligations.
Who is Qualified for This Training?
Those in managerial or supervisory positions in industrial sites who are responsible for the management of toxic and hazardous waste, often known as “scheduled wastes,” are qualified for this training.
The minimum criteria for joining the CePSWaM course are:
- A Certificate, Bachelor’s Degree, or Master’s Degree in Science or Engineering; or
- A Certificate from a Polytechnic or Level 3 of the Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia (SKM), together with one year of relevant job experience; or
- SPM with at least three years of work experience in dealing with scheduled wastes.
- The company must show copies of their licenses and a letter that indicates how much experience they have with scheduled wastes.
Conclusion: GCB and Sustainability
GCB recognizes that building for a sustainable future requires a strong commitment to economic efficiency, environmental performance, and social responsibility. As a leading manufacturer of cartons and corrugated boxes in Malaysia, GCB always puts an emphasis on environmental sustainability.
As part of our commitment towards sustainability, we are glad to have been certified for CePSWaM. We are confident that with our resolute commitment to sustainability, the future generation will be able to enjoy a healthy ecosystem and natural resources.
GCB will continue to uphold our principle of sustainability, including ensuring all our future employees are familiar with the proper handling of scheduled wastes.